Monday, August 01, 2005

Written with Salt (2)

On the off-chance that you leave me,
know that I will never take another to my bed.
It does not mean I will not love--
Far, far from it.

She will probably be younger,
all perfume and lace, warm, open
invitations staring up at me
with Go Go Yubari's knowing,
playful predatory gaze.

She will want me, this woman-child.
She will threaten me with with spikes
and chains if I do not satisfy.
(and when I think about it, that's not such a bad idea...)

But I still can't carry her over our threshold
nor ravish her on our bed.
That space next to me will always be yours
Until I break the threshold and burn the bed.
And playful Go Go will have to wait
until the off-chance that I do.

1 comment:

The_Evil_Dex said...

The only other person to comment on this poem said nothing about it, or anything remotely related to how the poem made them feel.

Instead, I got a long-winded sales pitch beginning with-- (deletions mine)

"Big News From The Healthcare Industry!!

F******** G***** S*********
Current Price $*.**
A company with hot new identity solution products and licenses with over ** current ****rnmental and
non-****rnmental contracts in negotiations. ...Watch this One to Trade!"

The Evil Marketing Man has struck again.

I could either feel flattered that my page has garnered so much notice that people are posting ads in my comment field without so much as a damned "by your leave." Then again, I guess I could feel taken advantage of, as this guy could have just left his comments here as part of a "blanket" strategy: schlep every comment field on every blog he can get his hands on.

PLEASE. I don't care how good your product, company or stock is, point of the matter is neither Blogger nor Dexter Lira is getting money or desired recognition from your blatant attempt at pushing your own agenda on MY space.

You could have found my email address by Googling my other blogs and told me how good what your selling is. I would have likely put in a good word by treading on the blurry line between "Hey, this is good news" and "Hey, I'm conducting a marketing blitzkrieg."

And I don't particularly care that you hide behind your own "This is my opinion" clause. Clever, but I know bull when I smell it.