Thursday, June 10, 2004

So You're a Poet

Dexter Lira - 12 September 2001

And that is all you do?
Bleed ink when some young lovely pricks you?
Scream freedom when you tire of life?
You do not fuck
You do not have a job, or a car, or money
Or do anything else that would otherwise
Justify your sorry existence
Except to indulge in the very shakeable belief
In your power to move the universe with words

Do you honestly believe that the universe gives a damn about your life?
I'm part of the universe. And I don't.
I'm too busy fucking (you should try it, it's fun)
I'm too busy working for a living
I'm too busy driving my car and spending my money
And unlike you, I can justify my existence: I have a life.
I am secure in the knowledge that in this universe
It is I who must move. And I do.

When life stabs ME I leak real blood, copious amounts
Lost to sustain my adulterous anopheles wife
And her wriggling bloodworm kids
When life threatens to flatten me I fight back,
With work, with fists, with lawsuits if I have to.
I do not wait for princess charming to climb my
Makati tower, to rescue me before I jump.
I leave no death poems: I don't need them.
My life has meaning. More than you'll ever know,
Or frame in your sorry verse

Peddle your poems somewhere else.
Pathetic whiny little bastards, the lot of you.

3 comments:

myyellowshirt said...

hey there dex. been awhile since I last heard from you.

this is sam arias

I've been dying to see you I want to show you something I found.

here's my number 09175285315

The_Evil_Dex said...

I've stored your number on my cel and sent you a friendster invite. I'm curious about what you've been up to, old friend.

myyellowshirt said...

here's the deal, the place I live in has this crazy undeveloped feel kinda outta there type setting

besides that I wanna up grade my room and need ideas plus a plan of action to get it done

I have a bf who'll help